14 Jul Warehouse Operative
My client is a market leader in the refurbished IT hardware sector. They have over 17 years of success behind them, revenues over £50 million, and locations in the UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, France & Germany. Their increase in headcount has averaged over 23% for the last three years, and they’re one of the fastest growing companies in their industry. In 2021 alone, numerous awards were achieved, which is a reflection of their dedicated teams, including the Queen’s Award for international trade.
They are committed to providing you with an environment where you can progress and succeed in, with continuous training programmes.
As a Warehouse Operative, this role will involve working and knowing every aspect of the warehouse’s core roles and being able to efficiently support departments where they are lacking the additional resources to be a fully functional team.
This busy role is demanding; it requires concentration, motivation, and energy as everybody in the warehouse works under pressure to reach deadlines. You need to be able to have a good rapport with every individual in the company as you will work alongside every department.
- Checking and signing for all goods delivered to the company
- Processing and refurbishing purchased stock to company standards for reselling
- Picking and packing items ready for dispatch and delivery
- Inspecting all parts to check quality ready for dispatch
- Liaising with the purchasing and sales teams on any particular daily requirements or issues
- Booking the stock in using Sage software and passing to the Quality Control team
- Assist in general cleanliness and tidying of the warehouse
- To be able to keep up to date with changes in the warehouse as a whole and to be able to manage changes made to departments
- The ability to manage/ juggle multiple workloads from each department and to pick up and drop work left by other employees
- To maintain good product knowledge and to be able to identify issues with stock
- Hold a good working relationship with each department within the warehouse
- Use of in-house WMS software and how to efficiently use it
- Maintaining general cleanliness and tidying of the department and assisting in that of the warehouse
- Any other suitable warehouse duties that may be required by the Operations Manager
- Supporting a culture of continuous improvement throughout the company
- Willingness to work collaboratively and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising workload, and multitasking
- Adaptability to changing daily tasks
- Professional demeanour with customers and suppliers
- Attention to detail – you’ll need to be able to follow strict operational guidelines
- High level of interpersonal skills and verbal communication
- Basic level of written communication
Desirable Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Previous warehousing experience, and previous technical experience is especially desirable
- Knowledge of a variety of IT component parts and enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 2016 suite, Sage 200 or Netsuite
- Have a basic knowledge of PC use, including using and administrating emails
- Hard working, proactive and independent
- Organised, responsible and trustworthy
- Able to handle multiple / split workloads
- Open-minded and eager to learn, and keen to share your own experience for the benefit of others
- Happy to adapt to new tasks and projects
- Competitive Salary
- Private Healthcare & Dental
- Complimentary Flu Vac and Eye Tests
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Life and Critical Illness Insurance
- Regular Social Events
- Structured Induction Programme
Note – All applicants selected for this position will need to pass reference & security checks to qualify for employment.
They are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
|Salary||£20000 - £21000 Per Year|