18 Jul Head of Business Development (Tech Sales)
My client is an experienced web and mobile app development company that have been operating for decades overseas. They also have numerous clients in the UK so are now looking to establish a based in London. Therefore they have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Business Development to head up their new UK operations.
You will be responsible for increasing company revenue and sales in the UK by generating new leads, sales, and managing accounts. You will be responsible for selling outsourced software development and product development services to growing start-ups and enterprises. The engagement model will include End-to-End Product Development and Dedicated Teams.
The responsibilities of the business development head include recommending ways to increase leads, attending meetings with clients, working closely with the pre-sales team to propose solutions and present proposals, and managing accounts.
To be successful, you should be a great closer and should maintain an excellent relationship with Customers and Project Management Team. You should be a natural networker and adept at negotiating sound business deals as well as demonstrate excellent communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
Your experience in selling software development, web development, and outsourced product development services will be crucial, especially with growing and funded tech product companies.
- Generate leads working closely with lead generation and marketing teams as well as through networking on your own
- Directing marketing efforts by presenting market research and local understanding to marketing managers
- Meeting potential customers and turning marketing and sales leads into opportunities and successful closures
- Follow-up with marketing and sales leads and opportunities regularly and aggressively through emails, phone, and F2F meetings
- Developing in-depth knowledge of the company’s offerings and advising customers the right solution
- Managing leads and optimising funnels and maintaining CRM
- Working with the Pre-sales team to answer RFPs, quotes, and proposals to customers
- Working closely with the Project Management team to understand project health, figuring solutions to any challenges in engagements
- Managing Accounts, ensuring good health, and cross-selling/upselling on existing accounts
- Regular meetings with accounts and opportunities
- Reporting key metrics and regular reports to management on leads, sales, and account management
- 5+ years in technology software sales is essential
- Experience in Software Development, Web Development, Product development and/or Digital Solutions
- Proven business development, sales, or account manager experience
- Experience in working with funded start-ups, and tech companies
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Detail-oriented and persuasive
What’s on offer:
- Competitive base salary from £50k to £65k depending on skills and experience
- Uncapped, attractive, realistic, and transparent commission structure
- Central London based office
- Hybrid working
- Monday to Friday working week with semi-flexible working hours
- Opportunity to build a sales division
- Stable, secure, full-time employment
- Career progression opportunities
- Plus a host of other benefits to be discussed at interview stage
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful, growing team of IT professionals at an exciting time. My client is interviewing now so send your CV asap to be considered for this role.
|Salary||£50000 - £65000 Per Year|